[Gpdd] [RAINBOW BRIDGE] Condolences for SCAMP Maxine

Debbie Jones pals4pets at cheerful.com
Mon May 11 12:55:30 EDT 2009

Stacy and the grieving Squee Squad We were so very sorry to hear that
your beloved SCAMP Maxine had finally departed for The Rainbow Bridge,
though we were glad that she was able to choose her own time and place
and enjoy one last hearty meal of greens a few hours earlier. It is a
wonderful tribute to slave Stacy that Maxine reached such a ripe old age,
but we know only too well that, even though one knows a piggie is elderly
and likely to make a departure sooner rather than later because of
SCAMP-related health problems, it is always a big shock when that final
journey is actually made - we always want one last cuddle, one last
wheek, one last favourite meal .... . No great age ever seems like quite
enough. But we know that Maxine is now back to her young self again at
that wonderful sunshine-filled meadow at The Rainbow Bridge, popcorning
through the luscious dandelions and presumably reunited with other Squee
Squad members that have gone before. Words are always inadequate at times
like these, but we hope you may find some small grain of comfort in the
fact that gpdd-ers all over the globe are thinking of you at this very
sad time, and wishing you well. Debbie and the 6 Dolly Mixtures
"We patronize them for their incompleteness,
for their tragic fate of having taken a form so far below ourselves.
And therein we err, and greatly err.
For the animal shall not be measured by man.
In a world older and more complete than ours
they move finished and complete, gifted
with extensions of the senses we have lost or never attained,
living by voices we shall never hear.
They are not brethren, they are not underlings;
they are other nations, caught with ourselves
in the net of life and time, fellow prisoners
of the splendour and travail of the earth".
Henry Beston

--
Be Yourself @ mail.com!
Choose From 200+ Email Addresses