[Gpdd] Health: Cap'n Jack

leah.mcneil at wachovia.com leah.mcneil at wachovia.com
Wed May 13 09:31:27 EDT 2009

Ooooooh no, Alge!
I'm sorry I've been M.I.A. for a few days. I took
some much needed time off for Mother's Day
Wheekend. I can't believe that your little boy
has stones & a UTI. That is No Bueno. :-(  But,
it's good that he's on Baytril (and probiotic).
And of course, I have to recommend that
Chinese herb, Shilintong. I swear that herb
helped my Beloved Brownie Bear pass many
a stone. Contrary to popular belief, it doesn't
break up stones, but I believe it somehow
relaxes the urethra so that stone(s) can pass
through. But, there have been some strange
cases in which stones have actually appeared
to shrink when using the Shilintong, but there is
no proof of that. I just ordered my piggies some
Shilintong last night, because I give them the
herb just as a preventative measure, every
other day. It's natural, so I figure it can't hurt.
The place I get mine at is:

http://www.fareastginseng.com/cluntrsh.html

If you order from them, in the Comment box,
ask for the white bottle. Apparently, they have
two different kinds of Shilintong and the pills in
the white bottle are easier to crush. Of course,
for my Bertie Pig, I don't even have to crush
them anymore because he thinks they are a
Treat and will eat a tablet right from my hand.
I wish it was that easy for all piggies!

Also, I know that you know this, but encourage
the Cap'n to drink lots of water. That is essential
in helping those stones to pass. My Beloved
Brownie Bear never wanted to drink her water
because it hurt to urinate, so I had to syringe
her extra water like everyday. My current Vet
showed me a technique of putting BB on her
back and massaging her tummy, until I knew she
had to pee and then I would put her in her cage
and she would pee. Well, a piggie's bladder is
sort of like a snow globe, whereas minerals can
collect on the bottom of their bladder. Well, if
you put the piggie on its back and rub the belly,
then those minerals will shift to the top and then
when you turn the piggie back over, hopefully
some of those minerals will excrete out of the
bladder. That is how I got BB to pass her stones
the last time she got them (They were Really
tiny stones).

Please give your Brave, little boy some Extra
Hugs 'n Healing Kisses from me and my crew.
I know that Cap'n Jack is not feeling his Best
right now, but hopefully, he can overcome this
and be back to his 'ole self in no time. Wheee
are keeping him in our Prayers...

     Love 'n Wheeeeeeeeps,
Princess Snowflake, Bertie Pig, & meeee :-)