[Gpdd] [HEALTH] Probiotics and URI's

Cazza177 cazza177 at ntlworld.com
Sat May 16 08:09:36 EDT 2009

Dear all

Artie has a URI at present and is on Baytril.  I also gave him half a
duriectic (Lasix 20mg) yesterday.  He is eating a little veg (fresh grass,
corriander and a little bit of round lettuce), but won't touch his hay at
present -- which I'm guessing is because his throat is sore.

I am syringe feeding him Recovery Science and water, but he is a little
down.

I have read here and there about probiotics and acidophilus, but can't find
any mention anywhere of how much you can give a guinea pig each day and/or
for how long.  If anyone has used this, can they please let me know what the
amount is to give a day and how often.

(I cannot give Artie any of his brother BG's droppings, as BG is also on
Baytril.)

Many thanks and please keep Artie and BG in your prayers.

Carole
BG and Artie