[Gpdd] Silly: Fugly's Message to Merri & reason for Samantha's absence

DaPiggyPirates at aol.com DaPiggyPirates at aol.com
Mon May 25 02:30:39 EDT 2009

Ahoy Dare Fugly,

     Suddenly shy, huh? :)   However, dare do be a reason why you have not
heard from Samantha and which reminds Alge dat she needs to get an email off
to Samantha's slave over da address thing. I'll let Alge tell it to da
slaves:

     Lynn, Samantha's slave or mum, has not forgotten us. Her father had a
heart transplant 15 years ago. The doctor had predicted an additional 10
years at best and here he is at 15. BUT, transplant patients (and maybe w/ some
types of transplants more than others???) live with anti-rejection
medications for the rest of their lives. They suppress the immune functions while
preventing rejection. Her father now has a very serious infection and little
to no immune function. And he is not responding to any treatment which I
think means even the "big guns" when it comes to antibiotics. When I last heard
from Lynn, she was going to be tied up with her father and family and this
medical situation for a while. We all hope that there is a good outcome.
But that is the reason for her absence after determining that she was ready to
participate on the GPDD again. I hope she will be back soon, but I don't
know.   Now, back to Capt'n Jack:

     Well, Fugly, now youse know why you haven't heard from yur lady. Had
Alge posted promptly you would have no doubt been reassured. But, methinks
that the fair Samantha would not object to your taking Merri on dis great
adventure ahead of us. If thar be consequences later, youse can untangle dem
then. Dat be da pirate way.

Capt'n Jack (and Alge)