[Gpdd] Miscellaneous - Pignic

grace ramp gracetheface at yahoo.com
Tue May 26 15:33:36 EDT 2009

Does anyone have any information on the D.C. Pignic?  Every year I say I'm going and then something comes up.  This year I'm going to go no matter what but I'd like to be able to plan the weekend and I'm not sure when it is.
Also, when I change the girls' cages I put them in two large rabbit pens that I hook together in my living room.  I've started putting down a paper drop cloth so I can just pick up the mess and don't have to worry about my rug or anything.  Well yesterday they figured out that they can burrow under the drop cloth.  It was the cutest thing I've ever seen.  They got under the paper and as they walked, you could see the paper making a tunnel.  They were under there all day.  Gus, the pushiest, started crashing through the paper in different places so there were little holes here and there.  They would come out one hole, walk around a little bit and then enter through another hole.  At one point Gus popped up right near the feeding dish so they would pop up, have a snack and then go back into the tunnels.  It looked like a prairie dog habitat.  Of course, my rug was a complete mess with the pee and poop but they had a wonderful time.  Isn't that what counts.

Grace, Gus, Rusty and Babe (Pork Chop and Oreo at the Bridge)