[Gpdd] Health: Re: shilingtong

leah.mcneil at wachovia.com leah.mcneil at wachovia.com
Wed May 27 13:23:39 EDT 2009

Hey Shweta & Poopsies!
I'm sorry I haven't gotten back to ya sooner. I've been
so crazy busy at work. I am so Sorry that your little Herbie
has bladder stones. That's not good. But, I definitely
recommend the Shilintong. As for dosage, I give my
current piggies 3 tablets each, every other day. And this
is Amazing but now, both of them eat the tablets right out
of my hand. At first, Bertie Pig would only do that, but the
Princess felt like she was missing out on something so
she  just started doing that last wheeeeek. But, for my
Beloved Brownie Bear (who was a stone piggie), I gave
her 2 or 3 tablets daily when she had bladder stones and/or
a UTI, and 2 or 3 tablets every other day when she was
stone-free. For her, I had to do the traditional mixing up of
the tablets with water and syringing that to her.

Oooh no, I just read your post about Herbie not being
able to poop. I have never heard of a constipated stone
piggie, and I wouldn't think that a bladder stone could
stop a pig from pooping. But, I'm not an expert so I don't
want to steer you the wrong way. Is there any way you
can get Herbie to a good piggie Vet? or maybe you
could call one and get some phone advice if you can't
physically get to one. As for Critical Care, I think I gave
my Beloved pigs as much as they would take because
they were refusing food at the time, but there should be
directions on the Critical Care packaging. Is Herbie
refusing to eat her pellets?? Geeez, I wish I could be of
more Help. Hopefully, you are getting flooded with emails
from some of the other Digest members with good advice
as to what to do.

I am keeping your Herbie pig is my Prayers...

   Love 'n Wheeeeeeps,
Leah...Slave to Princess Snowflake and
                                  Bertie Pig :-)