[Gpdd] Pigs Getting Along

Tina Hove totallytina83 at hotmail.com
Thu May 28 12:29:15 EDT 2009

Hello.  I recently lost a guinea (Pigglet) who didn't get along with my other piggie Boris.  So I had them in separate cages.  When Pigglet passed away, i adopted CoCoa who is 1.5yrs old.  Boris (who I adopted over a year ago) is 3 now, and he gets along with CoCoa I think? Or at least they tolerate each other!! I have them in a big C&C cage together now with a flease bottom.  Sometimes i think Boris antaginizes CoCoa because they will be sleeping and then CoCoa will just shreek out a "WEET"  Is Boris bitting him when he is sleeping?  Also sometimes they fight over Pigloos.  I have two in the cage, and it seems that Boris tries to fight CoCoa for the pigloo no matter what one he is in.  They have been together for 3 weeks now, and the rumblestrutting and mounting has stopped, but sometimes the random "weets" concern me?  Boris is a huge piggey, and CoCoa is big but Boris is quite a bit bigger.  Anyways...CoCoa finally talks to me now when I hold him :) and I'm so excited!  Anyone have suggestions if they are really fighting or just playing?

Thanks!!

Tina, Boris & CoCoa