[Gpdd] MISC: An apology & An Update

DaPiggyPirates at aol.com DaPiggyPirates at aol.com
Fri May 29 15:49:14 EDT 2009

Hello Everyone,

     As I'm sure some of you have noticed, a personal email, written by me,
has found its way to the GPDD. And it was personal, in that I mentioned
something of the emotional state of another one of our members, Lynn, who I
heard from last night after my sending her a brief email telling her that some
of you have been asking about her and miss her presence here, and offering
her sympathy and support while dealing with her father's illness.

     Her father, I learned,   passed on on May 11th just 2 weeks ago, and
she is still very much grieving his absence in her life. He sounds like a
fascinating man, generous with his time and himself, and who, after his own
successful heart transplant 15 years ago (the docs told him it would probably
be good for another 10 years -- but he went on past that!!) spent that time
and energy doing organ donation presentations, counseling of would-be donors
and recipients and just generally giving back to life some of what he felt
life had given to him.

     Those of us who know Lynn from these pages know of her incredible
strength in spite of all kinds of obstacles and mishaps, not to mention her
unexpected sense of humor in the unlikeliest of situations. That sense of humor
brightens her writing, frequnetly making her posts something to delight in.
She attributes her stengths and delightful sense of humor in the face of all
kinds of adversities to her father, and she misses him. She misses him very
much.

     He's passing has left a void in her life. She's dealing with the
knowledge that they will never again share the things that they did share: her
helping him with transplant presentations, fishing, just taking walks and
talking. He's gone and he won't be back, except in memory. And that's what she's
dealing with.

     Let's remember her in our prayers.

Alge