[Gpdd] health: strong herbie

svetooshka at aol.com svetooshka at aol.com
Fri May 29 18:05:59 EDT 2009

peace, everyone.

thank you for all the support via email re: herbie's condition.? apologies i havent been update you as frequently as i wouldve liked.

i think i last emailed weds nite that she was at the vet's awaiting surgery.
they decided to go ahead with surgery thurs afternoon.? they didnt think she would survive it but she did!? alhtough the chances were low, we knew she would pull through bc she is really a tiger!
however, friday 5am she crossed the bridge to a better place.? =((??
we were preparing for her post-opt care.. setting up another space... etc.? anyhow, we miss her very very much but we knew it was time for her to leave....
we are happy she didnt have to be on more antibiotics and meds....

It was truly a miracle that she pulled through surgery.? Bless the Vet team!? they are miracle workers.?
herbie had two stones.? One in her bladder, the other lodged in her urethra.? the vet team were having a very very difficult time taking it out of the urethra - it just wasnt moving.? at some point, they were going to call and ask what i wanted to do....but they used their willpower and came up with a new technique to dislogdge it!? so so beautiful!? i dont know all the details (will get them soon) but it involved catheterization which pulled the stone back into the bladder.

the team created and learned a new technique that I hope will be very very helpful to so many other piggies! So thank you Herbie.? Herbie, your suffering, sacrafice, strength pioneered to helping so many others!... you truly are an Angel.

I will post details of the process once i receive it.
?In the meantime, if you are in urgent need of info contact the center and vet team --- Center for Avians & Exotics (New York City), Dr. Wilson, Dr. Starkey, Lorelei and assistants.? 212-501-8750
also, the vets may do some type of write up so other vets know about it....?

sigh.. herbie would be in my lap when i reach out to all of you the last few weeks.....? now, it will be kirby.? poor kirby, she has been looking around for her sis the last few days... who is she gonna jump on now? =)

yes, alge- maybe i do deserve being strangled, but with all conditions and many unknown to you all, we tried our best to serve Herbie. Thank you for caring enough for our piggies so wanting to strangle - we appreciate it.
Bless you all for all the prayers, love, and emails (diplomatic and undiplomatic), and support.? so nice that you all made time in your busy lives.? we hope we will be able to support you all in some way in the future as well.
this may sound cliche-ish but really, we dont know what we wouldve done without you all.?

with much gratitude, poopsies (well, poosy now) and shweta

?