[Gpdd] MISC: An open Letter to the list (OT)

jaaladog jaaladog at bellsouth.net
Fri May 29 18:48:16 EDT 2009

Hello to all of my wonderful pigs and pig's slaves family,

I know that Beverly has let you all know what has been going on in my life and the reason I have not been here.  It is with deep sadness I must tell you I lost my father to a blood cancer/infection on May 11th, this year.  We had his funeral on May 14th and between dealing with that, family stuff and just trying to get through day by day, I am afraid I just don't have the will right now to do much of anything except do a lot of crying.  I was very close to my father and am so devastated by this, I fear it will take me a while to bounce back this time.  As I told Alge, I usually meet and deal with most problems with a strength and determination that I got from my daddy but with him gone so quickly, I'm having to really reach deep to try to find that same strength now.

The girls are doing pretty well but Tabby is having a bit of a diarrhea issue.   Alge mentioned something to me in an e-mail that perhaps fruit or feggies should be curtailed.  It dawned on me that I have recently been giving the girls more strawberries than usual as they are abundant right now and I am very close to the Dekalb Farmer's Market.  So, no strawberries for a while.

In the meantime, with my emotions as raw as they are right now, I cannot bring myself to read the list and hear of our little guys and gals passing on.  Please know that I do care though, very much.  I just can't handle any other sadness right now.  I am reading some of the digests but just can't deal with any other death right now.  My love and sympathy goes to all of you who have lost a sweet one recently.  Also know that my not sending condolences does not mean I don't care.  I do... very much.  I just can't handle it right now.  I'm sorry.

I will write again soon and if it is OK with the powers that be, I want to share a story with you that has nothing to do with piggies but has everything to do with our belief that our babies live on in spirit and await us on the other side.  This is not a piggy story but a story about my father and his spirit.  More later, if that's OK.

With love, deep sadness from me and hugs and whisker kisses from my babies,

Lynn, Samantha and Tabitha