[Gpdd] Biff Needs Help

bunsnpigs at aol.com bunsnpigs at aol.com
Sun Nov 1 12:19:28 EST 2009

He may have an ear infection. He needs to go to the vet. In the meantime, you CAN try giving him 1/10th of a pill of Dramamine Less Drowsy - the one that has meclezine. That can help with the dizziness. Each tablet contains 25mg. The normal mecelzine dose for a piggy is 2 - 20mg/kg, and that is a big range (which is nice.. you don't have to be exact), so I would cut it in 1/4 (giving him around 6mg) and give it to him once a day. Crush it and mix with juice in a syringe. If you have any Baytril or Bactrim, you can start him on that until getting him to the vet. That is what I would do, anyway.

Judi Lainer
Metropolitan Guinea Pig Rescue
http://www.mgpr.org

House Rabbit Society