[Gpdd] HEALTH: Sparkles, Blossom, Baby Truffles update

corrine sakumoto oreochockc at yahoo.com
Sun Nov 1 15:12:07 EST 2009

Sparkles was put on sulfatrim for another week and the vet said if she didn't improve, that he would then give her panacur.  While on the sulfatrim, Sparkles did produce normal poos.  But a day after the antibiotic treatment was through, she again had runny poos.  So we brought her (and Blossom and Baby Truffles) back to the vet and he took a poo sample from Sparkles and examined it, except that this time he said he saw guardia (sp?).  So he gave us panacur to give to the three of them.  They play together, plus Baby Truffles has been losing hair on her behind and Blossom had lost hair on both sides, not her flanks, her sides.  The vet said that guardia could cause the scratching (all three had ivermectin shots two weeks ago, then their second shot a week thereafter), thus the hair loss.  They are to have a dose of panacur once a day for the next five days.  THANK YOU to Ann for her message about panacur.  We had sent the vet's office your
 information about the medicine (without your personal info) and he used the information that you provided to give our piggies the proper dosage.

The vet said that if this doesn't work, then he'll probably try another antibiotic.  But, hopefully, this will work.

Thanks to everyone for all their words of encouragement and info.

Corrine and Michael