[Gpdd] health: Biff needs help!

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Sun Nov 1 15:43:38 EST 2009

Andrew,  Please post all yours answers and questions on the list so every body can see and respond

1. Check him over every where for a bite wound, he could have an infection if the humping escalated to a fight. You better separate them

2. baby ibuprofen is a good alternative to Metacam if you dont have it, make sure he gets some food when you give it

3. Is his shaking actual shaking or could it be grinding of teeth, almost like a purr,  they do that when they are in pain

4. get his temp, and tell when and if  he had ivermectin

5, I still say like Judi, that the most likely thing is an inner/middle ear infection, e.c. is a lesser possibility but the eye involvement is a neurological symptom and as such is serious

6 make sure he is getting water, make a place in his cage where he can get warm and another where he can cool off

7. Plan on getting him to a exotics vet tomorrow morning, I dont believe this is a trivial condition

8  as I said before treat for ear infection for sure, get the x-rays with a dose of radiation that shows soft stuff like puss or tumor, if the x-rays is clear treat for e.c.

9 look up the other stuff I referenced

Ann and Judi  and others feel free to chime in If you dont haven exotics vet guinealynx has a list as does the house rabbit society, plus if you tell us your city and state and we can recommend ones we know to be good  I'm so sorry this is happening on a big day for you, but it's a big day for him too. Lake him as comfy as possible.
Good luck Biff, love Sandy