[Gpdd] Health: Biff

ANDREW SILL jaggs4 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 1 18:29:06 EST 2009

I got tons of great ideas for helping Biff from so many of you very knowledgeable  piggie lovers, thank you! I did end up getting Biff the childrens Ibuprofen, and critical care, and another vitamin C tablet,and .5 ml of the sulfamethoxazole  I think that has helped alot! He is eating and pooping good again. He is walking around his cage. We have him in a smaller cage that I can move from room to room with me.This morning when I found him he was laying in the corner of his cage.. not moving and his eyes were going all wiggly and his head was tilted.I was in shock!  He still walks in circles some of the time, but he is eating now like crazy. We of course will call the vet first thing in the morning. We do not have 24 hour vets here. only office hour vets.. which stinks.. we do have a 24 hour emergency place for dogs and cats.. which I called and they said they do not see guinea pigs... sad..
So thank you for all your help. I think I can breathe again. Just knowing he is eating and drinking again on his own.. he dont look so worn out. He even made a " happy" sound when Andy was holding him. I will give him another dose of the anitboitic tonite.  I wonder what causes ear infections anyway on a guinea.There isnt a draft where he lives and the temp stays the same. As he is the only one that is doing this and we have 15 here. We separated him from his cage mate as I was worried he could pass it to his brother Yettie. Not sure if he could or not, but didnt want to risk that.
I will let you know what the vet says. Sorry Ann I couldnt get to a phone to call you as the house is full of visitors and I wouldnt of been able to hear you or you me with all the  voices talking.(our phone is in the kitchen and that seems to be the place where everyone was hanging out.
Thank you again for responding to me so fast with all the great info on the emails you all sent me. This has been a crazy day here, but Biff seems to be looking better and moving better. His eyes are still wiggly but not near as much as they were this morning.
thank you again all.
jean(misfits)