[Gpdd] [Announcement] Introducing Ghirardelli

scalabro3 at cfl.rr.com scalabro3 at cfl.rr.com
Sun Nov 1 21:25:30 EST 2009

Hi. Last week, I contacted a friend at the humane society to find a boy piggie for Donovan.
He’s been lonely since we lost Dilly, and we thought it would cheer him up to have a friend.
Just about the time I’d given up on finding a single male pig, I got a phone call that someone had a little baby boy who needed a new home.

We were very excited, and when I brought him home to put him in his new temporary quarters, I picked him up and said, oops, that doesn’t look quite right.

His vet was not in yesterday, so today we brought him to the vet, who confirmed that yes, our boy is actually a girl.
She’s very beautiful and solid brown with short fur.
She feels like she’s wearing a mink coat.

We really are attached to her already, but we’re not sure what to do since we already have three boys in the house.
Can we get her spayed and put her with Donovan?
Neutering Donovan is definitely out. We’re too worried to anesthetize Donovan after losing Dillon due to anesthesia complications.
Because they are brothers, we’re concerned that Donovan may have the same problem.

Can a spayed female piggie live with an unaltered male?
I’ve never had a female piggie before, and I’m concerned about how a boy and girl piggie would do together in the same cage.
Would it upset the two boys living in the cage next door?
I could sure use some advice. Thanks for your help!

ME in New Smyrna Beach with Donovan, Ghirardelli, Puffy, Cocoa Puff and Dillon Forever in our Hearts.