[Gpdd] [HEALTH]<Biff>

Janneke guinygirl at gmail.com
Mon Nov 2 07:55:54 EST 2009

- Hi all, just send this to jean; i'm also posting this on the digest -

Hey jean,

I'm so sorry i havent read this until now.. How is he? (i have no time to
catch up on the digest..)
The symptoms can be either an inner ear infection or a brain
seizure/meningitis (both cause the same symptoms, so make sure the vet
checks for both)

In both cases I expect you need a vet.

- In case of inner ear infection he will prescribe antibiotics and probably
corticosteriods. You can usually diagnose an acute inner ear infection with
an x-ray.

- in case of a seizure the vet can administer cortisone (injection). This
will help with the swelling of the brain and will give biff a better
prognosis (=increase chance of a full recovery). Furthermore you can place
him in in a quiet,dark room so that the brain has less to process.

Let me know what happened. Keeping fingers crossed here.
Janneke