[Gpdd] HEALTH: Puff may have swallowed some plastic

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Mon Nov 2 15:42:04 EST 2009

What is it about guinea pigs and plastic? It can't taste very nice and yet
they are always trying to eat plastic bags and the like.

Have a look at this link Joanie.

http://www.oginet.com/pgurney/bloat.htm

Hopefully the plastic will pass straight through but keep an eagle eye on
Puff.

Perhaps someone in the US will translate liquid paraffin if this is not the
right name in your country and also name an alternative to the Rennie Rapeze
( it is spelt wrongly in Peter's article ) or Buscopan as these are probably
UK only remedies.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.

I've been keeping her cage from topping off my dresser using pretty,
decorative strands of silk(?) ivy on a thin plastic-coated metal stem. I
normally pile the strands on top of the cage, but one must've slipped down
when I covered her cage. Well, there's some plastic missing from the part
she could've reached--about half the wire's covering for a couple inches. I
suspect a small leaf is missing as well. I really don't want to subject her
to x-rays if I don't have to. How long should I keep a sharp watch on her?
What do I look for? When can I relax with this little rascal???
I think I now qualify for the world's worst slave.
Joanie