[Gpdd] MISC Lynn's post

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Tue Nov 3 08:44:55 EST 2009

I am behind with the GPDD again, due to having been laid low with a nasty flu bug but am trying to catch up.

I was delighted to see the little piggies that Lynn spotted on ebay.

I have collected miniatures all of my life and some years ago one of my sons made me a lovely doll house in which to keep them. Not content with that, I started to make a miniature garden to go with it. A permanent "work in progress" as there is no limit to the numbers of flowers that I can make for the borders and the model greenhouse.

On the "lawn" I have made a pen for guinea pigs, complete with a balsa wood hutch, water bottle ( made from a clear plastic drinking straw and a bit of garden wire ). I made models of several of the then Piggyfriends from Fimo. I don't know if this is a worldwide product but it is a modelling clay which can be "fired" in a domestic oven and can be painted or carved after "cooking".

This miniature herd of piggies have their own food bowls together with a pile of Fimo carrots and leaves. The model vegetable garden has all kinds of veggies being grown for them. I tried to take their pigture when I put my photos on Photobucket but they are just too tiny for my little camera to take a decent shot.

You don't have to be mad to be a guinea pig obsessive but it helps.

Time for some more medication.

Penny ( cough ) and the Piggyfriends.