[Gpdd] HEALTH: Sparkles' progress

corrine sakumoto oreochockc at yahoo.com
Fri Nov 6 02:00:38 EST 2009

Hello everyone and everypig!  Sparkles saw the vet wednesday morning.  I wanted him to check her progress because the day before she had made some 'almost' pellets, but later, she made soft poo/smears.  He again looked at her poos and said that he didn't see any of that 'guardia' (sp?) so he knows that the panacur did its job.  Yesterday was day five of the panacur (the last dose) so he said to see how she is (we give the med after dinner) and if she still has soft poos after a couple of days to come back.  He thinks that she's just sensitive to the med.  Blossom and Baby Truffles seem okay with the med.  At this point, we're not sure what to do.  Sparkles is the one that has a heart problem so we're wondering if that has anything to do with anything.

Michael said that if her soft poos continue, we should cut out her fresh foods.  You should have seen the look on Sparkles' face!!!  She's the spokespig and wheeks to everyone what's going on with their fresh food meals, so I find it difficult to not feed her any.

After returning from the vet, she had some smears but then she made a pellet shaped soft poo.

So far, she might make pellet shaped poos, but they've been soft.  A lot of the time, she has 'smears' (soft poo with no form).  Does anyone have any suggestions on what we could say to the vet?  As mentioned before, he's the first to admit that he doesn't know that much about gp's and he doesn't know where to go from here.

Thanks!

Corrine and Michael