[Gpdd] [Health] Sparkles and soft poos

Evelyn Baker ebak at ca.inter.net
Sat Nov 7 18:11:59 EST 2009

I think as long is Sparkles is eating and drinking she's going to be
okay. Often, guinea pigs have delicate digestive systems that need to
recover after illness and medication. The fact that they are in
pelleted form is a good sign. If you have Critical Care, you can
sprinkle some on her food or make a paste from it to form a ball.
Because she's willing to eat on her own and this is a wet food she
might consider it a treat. My guinea pigs did and it's a good way to
get her digestive system moving again. Is she getting hay? That will
help.

I also gave my guinea pigs plain yoghurt (unsweetened) with live
culture. A couple of ccs with a syringe. They like it it and it also
helps to make their poos firmer although dairy isn't neccessarily
good for them it does help.

Cutting down the lettuce a bit may help. Apple and carrot have pectin
in them and can also help.

Evelyn