[Gpdd] HEALTH: More on Puff

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Sun Nov 8 19:14:36 EST 2009

This morning she was streaking around her cage, raising a ruckus. My son and I got most of her meds in her (some leakage occurred, and I can't seem to get Critical Care to flow smoothly through a syringe). I left for church in good spirits. This afternoon she's back in her hiding mode. To make matters worse, I had to give her a whole new bedding to get used to. Of course, she tried to eat the Carefresh bits. It really shook her up--the unsteady footing and foreign smell, and all of her cuddly toys gone. It sure made me sad to see her looking for something familiar when she's had enough stress already. But I noticed she went after a piece of tape on her carrier where she waits for her cage cleaning. And she went after the timothy hay woven table and anything else that caught her eye. It's as if she's looking for something lacking in her diet or in her chewing texture repertoire. I won't know how she's doing until she settles. Now I won't be able to keep
 an eye on her droppings either. I'm so frustrated, not with her, but with the situation. But, hey, she's still with us, even if she is scared and disgruntled.
Joanie