[Gpdd] HEALTH: Is trimethsulfa (tribrissen) an antibiotic?

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Nov 11 01:17:09 EST 2009

Puff's been on this drug since Saturday. My husband asked what it was for, and I couldn't answer him. The sulfa part sounds antibiotic-ish. Since there was no evidence of an infection, should she even be on this drug? I'd like to find out by tomorrow morning, as I'll probably discontinue it in the absence of any evidence of infection. The less the better. She still has a couple days of metacam left.

This is the first day since Saturday that she's been herself. I don't want to quit anything that might be helping her, but I don't want to mess up her gut with unnecessary drugs.

Thanks, everyone, for all the advice and heartfelt concern. I couldn't go through this again without every one of you.

Joanie