[Gpdd] In response to the below email

Mijpaul at aol.com Mijpaul at aol.com
Wed Nov 11 15:24:15 EST 2009

Message: 4
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2009 16:04:55 -0800  (PST)
From: GARY HESS <joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net>
Subject: [Gpdd]  CARE: bedding
To: gpdd at gpdd.org

I'm hoping I can get some more input on the safety  of fleece bedding for a
munchy pig. I really want to get?Puff back onto fleece,  but am overwhelmed
with worry at the prospect. What do you all think? Has anyone  had a piggie
take a chomp of it and survive?
I'm frazzled. Can you  tell?
Joanie

Hi...My name is Cheryl and I have an  Abyssinian Guinea Pig, named
Henry...his cage bedding are bath towels , it works  real well for him....I do
change and wipe out his cage everyday , and have to  wash the towels once a week,
but it works real well...Henry loves his clean  towels and popcorns all
over his cage when I clean it, its really cute  too~~!!! The only draw back is
he does pull on the threads and eats them,  but the vets say its ok, it will
pass right threw him...Henry is over  year  old and very happy with his
bedding I use...I use small hand towels also in his  cage and he drags them
around like his little " blankie " and lay them where he  wants to lay down at,
he uses them like a pillow , its really cute  too....
    I have a friend who uses flannel in  her guinea pig cages and she has
4- 5 cages...before you use the flannel you  need to wash it a few times, so
that it will " Wick " the moisture away into the  material...She swears to
it as safe bedding for her guinea pigs...
    I guess you can try and see if it  works for you...But, I will never go
back to litter for Henry's cage,  I'm  very happy using the towels...
     Good luck...
       Cheryl