[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: very belated condolences, Dillon

Cindy calliope at geeksnet.com
Wed Nov 11 16:25:04 EST 2009

ME, Donovan, Puffball, and Cocoa Puff, we were so hoping that Dillon would be able to pull through his teeth and respiratory problems and the sores in his mouth, and it was with much sadness that we read of his passing.  What a shock to learn that he had a massive bowel obstruction, which the vet had not realized.  We are so very sorry that this happened.  Please don't blame yourself.  You did everything you could for him, including hand-feeding him pellets and Critical Care and making sure he got fluids.  We know he had no doubt you loved him.  Our Tumbleweed had dental surgery last year (a tooth removed) under anesthesia, so we aren't necessarily sure that the anesthesia Dillon had was what led to the obstruction.  In any case, you were doing your best, and that's all any of us can do.  Thank you for sharing some of your memories of him, such as how he and his brother, Donovan, would bang their bowls together to ask for food in the morning and how you were able to hold and talk with Dillon before he passed away and tell him of the people and animals who would meet him when he made his final journey -- so touching.  Please accept our belated condolences on his passing.  We also send best wishes to Donovan.

Sadly,
Cindy, Tumbleweed, and Friday