[Gpdd] HEALTH- Mimi's vet visit

Ronald Zimmerman rzm.2 at verizon.net
Thu Nov 12 21:59:07 EST 2009

  Well, Mimi went to the vet today. I felt sooo stupid! It turns out the mat
is her grease gland is all gunked up. I thought only males had a grease
gland. Duh! The bump I felt under it is her tail bone. Boy did I look like
an idiot. She did get x-rays & a complete checkup & she has no stones &
everything looks healthy. I wanted them to check for stones because every
now & then her poos are weird & she will whimper a little. She has been like
that since we got her & she can go for weeks & be fine & then she'll have a
day or two when her poos are weird. By weird I mean some are big, some are
small, & sometimes she will cry a little when she goes. Then she'll be fine
again for awhile. I think she's the only guinea pig I know with irritable
bowel syndrome! I can sympathize! So that was her visit. I will wash the
gland over the weekend, she's been thru enough trauma for one day! I'm
getting "the look". =(  Thanks to everyone for their well wishes.

~Jaime & Mimi~
~Missing Albert, Molly, Radar & Daisy~
http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu246/chirpy123/