[Gpdd] CARE: Coroplast cage bottoms vs piggie incisors

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Sat Nov 14 05:40:37 EST 2009

Re the possibility of cable ties being devoured by piggies.

The Piggyfriends' pens are just four panels of stiff galvanised wire
fastened together at the corners. As they sit side by side on the floor,
there are no bases to consider, neither do they need Coroplast ( Correx in
England ) but, regarding the possible chewing of cable ties, my wire panels
are held together with soft garden wire. This is the flexible kind, with no
plastic coating, which I normally use for tying up plants so it is soft
enough to cut a length and sew the panels together at the edges. A simple
stich in edge square has held these pens together for many years. I start
with several stitches in the first two squares, sew along the edge and
finish off with several stitches in the last two. I cut off the ends close
to the wire so that no sharp bits protrude.

Penny.