[Gpdd] FW: (RAINBOW BRIDGE): very belated condolences, Mercy

ellen garrison elmga at hotmail.com
Mon Nov 16 11:40:41 EST 2009

From: elmga at hotmail.com
To: calliope at geeksnet.com; gpdd at gpdd.org
Subject: RE: RAINBOW BRIDGE: very belated condolences, Mercy
Date: Mon, 16 Nov 2009 06:36:31 -1000

Hi Cindy,

Thank you for the very touching email.  I knew right away that he had been ill but to what extent I will never know.  I wanted to make sure he would not have to suffer.  I think it takes a lot of guts to deal with a beloved pet dying.  He was not with me long but it still was hard.  I think it is so important for them to know that there is someone there who cares before they do go.  I have given thought to the humane society and maybe giving them some more info about gp's would help, but I just do  not understand why their exec. director makes so much money and then they let these things happen---just seems someone there is clueless when it comes to gp's---I know that they really do the best they can---it is overwhelming how thousands of animals go through that place and are put down --mainly cats and dogs---and it is done humanely here which to me seems that it should be done humanely everywhere, but so I hear, it is not always the case in other places even in the US where I am (Hawaii is a state of the US and I live there) so ----I have asked the Humane society already to let me know if there are more piggies, but I have strong mixed feelings about the place...I used to volunteer there and it is really heartwrenching.  I do not know how they work there they must have very thick skin!
I beleive Mercy is now in Rainbow Bridge land with my other guinea pigs, Li'l Guy and Gin Gin... I want to get a scanner and send pics....in time...ok bye for now.
Aloha