[Gpdd] CARE: Jaime

Dee and Joe joedee1986 at verizon.net
Wed Nov 18 11:18:23 EST 2009

Jaime,

I like to use Carefresh and know how expensive it is.  We combine it with pine or aspen shavings, which are cheaper.  Some folks use fleece for bedding, but that is too much washing for me.

My pigs love to play with newspaper and it won't hurt them to eat it.  You can put down layers or strips of newspaper with a small layer of Carefresh on top.  You can spot clean just the wet pee areas and not do a whole cage clean as often.  It is great if your pigs pee in one or two spots.  Peaches pees in one corner so I clean that spot every few days and the rest of her cage stays clean for a long time.  Jodie pees everywhere and needs more cleaning and uses more bedding.

You can just use newpaper and spot clean more often.

Joe and I are retired and on a fixed income now so we have to cut corners where we can, too.

Dee