[Gpdd] CARE: Re: Bedding

Guineapigfilms at aol.com Guineapigfilms at aol.com
Wed Nov 18 23:29:31 EST 2009

Jaime,

We use the deluxe Ultra Carefresh, which is more than twice as expensive as
the regular Carefresh, but it is cheaper than physician bills and
medications for Alyssa's and my asthma. (We're allergic to other beddings.)

Because the Ultra Carefresh is so absorbent and really seems to neutralize
odors, we find that we only need to change it once a week. Also, we DO use
newspapers. The newspapers here use soy-based ink--nothing toxic at all for
piggies. And there are no staples, either.

If you use newspapers on the bottom, you don't have to use as much Ultra
Carefresh.

Hang in there! My husband was downsized for the third time (in recent
years) last year, and has finally found another job, but we don't have good
health insurance, and his pay is much lower than in the past. So our financial
circumstance is   very, very precarious, too.

That doesn't mean we skimp on buying parsley or baby carrots or premium
food for Otto!   :-)

Our two dogs eat premium food and treats, too.

We get so much pleasure ourselves from spoiling them!

Love and WHEEEEEEEPS,

Nancy & Alyssa & Otto, the Very Vocal Guinea Pig
http://www.carrotwars.com