[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Liberty

ME me at buddies.org
Sat Nov 21 22:51:12 EST 2009

Carole, I've had at least one piggie since I was five years old ...
time between pigs was usually only a few weeks at most, except for
three years when I was off at college.  My pig died when I was a
freshman, and my parents decided not to get another one since I was
only home on holidays and I was the only one that really paid
attention to them ... after that, home just didn't feel like home.

When I got married, I started by just having single pigs, just like I
did as a kid ... but after about five years, I decided to get a
friend for my little one since I wasn't home as much ... and then I
found another cute one and three couldn't be that much more to take
care of than two ... and it just continued from there.  When I lost
the four in close succession, I had had eight pigs earlier that
summer ... and half of them were getting up there in age ... so it
wasn't a complete surprise.

After I lost them, I decided I wasn't going to get any more ... I
couldn't take losing any more of them ... but after a few months of
having just four, I couldn't bear the thought of not having any
more ... but I decided that I'd keep my limit to six since eight was
a bit crowded.  So, you see, it has nothing to do with bravery ... I
just can't live without them.  Sometimes I wish I had fallen in love
with critters with a longer life span, but I'm forever connected with
these little ball of fur.

I have two that are around six now (I got them in January 2004, and
were probably around 4-6 weeks old) ... so I know their time is
probably coming sooner than later ... but I've had some who lived
past seven and around eight, so I'm hoping they'll do the same ... at
least right now, they're both going strong.  But amid the pain of
loss, I know I have the joy of memories as well as the making of
memories with new little ones ... never replacing those that come
before, but adding to them ... so I keep getting my little friends
and enjoy their antics while they're with me.