[Gpdd] HEALTH- Dunyas feet

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Mon Nov 23 20:50:24 EST 2009

 I agree with Ron, the sawdust,  it gets wet easily and hides it, those
 little pieces are all mini splinters waiting to happen, and the sawdust is
 just a much smaller grade of shavings which we know are bad. I know of no
 brand of sawdust that has been processed to remove oils and dust so it has
 to be bad for her lungs and liver too, even worse than shavings because
more
 surfaces are exposed. Any little piece that gets stuck in or on foot can
 cause an inflammation to start. You can end up with bumblefoot or the horny
 calluses already mentioned  Just go with layers of newsprint, Carefresh
 (just a couple handfuls) or another alternative, and grass or timmy hay,
 preferable from the horse store. Bonus, you can compost the whole pile when
 used, I did for years on Penny Giggle Farm and didn't have to buy any
 fertilizers (although I added other non poisonous yard debris, leafs, dirt,
 water, and ground up eggshells)   Good luck with your little Lady's feet.
 Happy Thanksgiving  Sandy and Sammy