[Gpdd] Gpdd [CARE] Bedding

ellen garrison elmga at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 25 08:16:45 EST 2009

Hi Everyone and Everypig!

I am grateful to hear about newspaper for bedding, from Penny and the Piggyfriends.  Thank you, Penny.  A vet I used to take my pet mice to (I no longer have mice) told me newspaper is a good cheap bedding.  I do not have any way settled yet as far as the bedding goes.  This vet, he is a good one but I go to the small animal one now instead, did say you need to change the newspaper each day.  When you mentioned changing it, by rolling it up with the old hay inside and putting the new bedding in, I thought: why am I making my life so complicated with all this bedding that I have to wash --towels, fleece, etc. I like to use small towels on top of the newspaper.  I do use newspaper, to, but then i put towels on top instead of hay (they have hay racks) and then, carefresh or critter care on one end of the floor.  I change it about every other day, and it is a lot with 10 piggies.  sometimes I do the changing every day, just what is wet is removed, and dry put in.

The simpler way of using non-toxic newspaper seems something that I can "wean" myself (me more than  them...LOL) onto, but I still like to top it off with a little towel or fleece or two.  They are grateful for anything clean.

Ellen and 10 piggies and 1 bunny