[Gpdd] Gpdd [CARE] {bedding}

ellen garrison elmga at hotmail.com
Wed Nov 25 08:41:14 EST 2009

Thank you also to Pat about the information you gave about the bedding set-up you use.  I work in a hotel, they let me take home old newspaper and there is a lot, and there are empty wine boxes around that I can take home and use for the piggies.  Again, thanks also to Panny for that suggestion of using cardboard wine boxes.  also to the other friend about using

Ultra Carefresh.  I used that and it is great but pricey.  I like Crown Animal bedding made from recycled newspapers that is usually used for horses.  so I use that too and it absorbs the smell.

However, we live in a studio and have a balcony but my palms and plants are out there, and lots of very powdery red dirt from the wind blowing, so we just stay inside most the time.  There are cars below coming and going in the parking lot--we are on the second floor--and hot, and sort of noisey kids around, so i just shut the sliding glass storm door, and turn the AC on until it cools off at dusk.  I set the AC usually to 75 F.  Because there are so many of us in a studio, I am sensitive to the smell so I do try to change bedding often and open doors and windows--it is cooling now winter is coming but I only have one window so i have to open the front door and shut the front screen door for ventilation, and the ceiling fan is almost always on.  The studio is quite spacious, so it's sufficient, and the resident manager does know I have the piggies and the bunny, but the intention I had was to only have 6 pigs, and Sammie was pg when I got her, which i didn't know, and the daddy, Angel, was always separated from her, while with me, and still are.  So I did not tell them about the 4 beautiful babies, although they know I have the others, no one seems to care.  I am glad they allow pets.

thanks for listening to my crazy life experience...lol

Ellen