[Gpdd] Behavior: Where would my girl piggies rather live?

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Wed Nov 25 16:15:36 EST 2009

In my experience boars and sows can live easily in the same room with no
probs.  You may have a couple issues, first the boars might get crabby with
each other, so I do recommend they be a few feet or visually separated from
the sows. Second sows themselves have issues of dominance so they have to be
treated as carefully as boys when being introduced, i.e., next to each other
for awhile(can sometimes be skimped if they are both really mellow), first
meeting on neutral ground with a big salad in the middle (many pigs piggies
would rather eat than fight, then will take a nap, problem solved.  Dont
separate them unless fighting, real fighting breaks out, have a couple thick
towels handy, and supervise.  They will rumblestrut and butt sniff, do the
"nose to nose thing". The pig that you already have may lose her spot as
cage boss and while she may accept this it may affect her mental health,
i.e. depression, so watch out for that.

Cant wait to meet her, whee are planning a get acquainted trip for Puff, a
young sow you may have been reading about, most recently she ate some
decorative plastic ivy and scared us all semi-witless. Since she is an only
pig whee thought a vacation on the Black Pearl as a pirate would help her
meet new pigs and maybe learn the ropes.  Maybe your girls would like to
come along, soon I will send an announcement titled (Virtual) Puffs Pirate
Adventure. So just reply when you see that. Right now whee are kinda doing
thanksgiving and Puff has a message in to learn what to pack. All piggies
are invited too maybe whee will have a fancy dress ball
Whee had heard some other Pirate cousins are ready for another trip so whee
will get going soon, have fun and see you there.
Sandy and Shipwreck Sam