[Gpdd] HEALTH: Puff eats paint off of bell

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 28 13:40:35 EST 2009

I'll be relieved when the Puffy Girl departs for the Black Pearl. Hopefully, the mature sows can give her some education in common sense, where I have once again failed.

I buy smallish parrot toys for her, assuming that her teeth are no match for parrot beaks. Wrong again! There was a toy--now retired--that had bells I assumed were anodized metal. Nope. She managed to gnaw off and ingest quite a bit of the metallic paint. What's a piggie momslave to do? Worry, of course! I know she'll be in good paws on the Pearl, and I could use a break for my frayed nerves to heal. Fortunately, she's eating and popcorning and pooping, as exuberant as ever. I sure do hope she doesn't get into more trouble on her first virtual trip.

Sigh,

Joanie