[Gpdd] GPDD: [Health]

Ellen Garrison lola.garrison at gmail.com
Sun Nov 29 11:34:46 EST 2009

Sorry I was falling asleep while typing earlier. this is Ellen, new email.

Rufie had red pee yesterday when i came home from work.  I went and got
infant ibuprofen, pure cranberry juice, and pearl barley. I made barley
water and put some in some critical care.

I had given the pigs a lot of organic dandelion greens the night before. he
hasn't been too keen on his pellets lately but he loves fresh vegies (not
all).  they usually get a lot of rinsed romaine lettuce and he has always
liked tomatoes. I make sure the equivalent is proportional to one cup of
greens daily for each piggie.

i looked up dandelion on the chart at guinealynx, dandelions have a lot of
calcium.  Now I am worried he may have a UTI or stones.  i did give him a
syringe of ascorbic acid (apprx. 50 mg.) and I am calling the  vet asap even
though it is sunday they have emergency care.
rufie seems fine though and that is relieving to me.  These little critters
can really teach us how to make peace with where we are at.
Please wish us luck and say some prayers if you do. thanks.

Ellen with her little masters and mistresses