[Gpdd] Rainbow Bridge: Re: Hershey

Guineapigfilms at aol.com Guineapigfilms at aol.com
Sat Oct 3 01:15:09 EDT 2009

Dear Joanie,

What a wonderful tribute to your darling Hershey. It sounds as if she gave
as much to you and your husband in her final days as you guys gave to her.

I love the image of her ringing her bells.

Please do not feel as if you or your vets are to blame in any way for what
happened to her. You were all trying so hard to do your best, and I know
that Hershey could feel your love.

I wish that I could give you a hug in person but, anyway, here is a virtual
hug. ((((HUG)))))

We have had that experience of getting a much closer bond to our pets in
the times that they are neediest. Our very first guinea pig, Hazel (the star
of Alyssa's very first movie, HAZEL THE GUINEA PIG'S PACKAGE) got very, very
ill with a severe respiratory infection. None of the vets here at that time
seemed very savvy to the needs of sick guinea pigs, so I ended up taking her
to a guinea pig breeder several hours away. This breeder gave me meds and
also gave Hazel an injection. So for the next couple of weeks, I devoted a
lot of time, energy, and care on helping Hazel get well. At first she resisted
the syringe of meds, but later she would look up into my eyes so trustingly
that my own eyes would fill with tears. I'd talk to her, too, telling her
to hold on...and she got well!!!!! After she recovered, she retained that
special trust and would coo at me from across the room. She loved to be stroked
and petted!

Joanie, I know that Hershey was surrounded with love in her last days, and
she knew it, too. You did the very best you could for her, and you honored
her by telling her story in such a beautiful way on the GPDD.

And here's another hug: ((((HUG)))))

Love and Wheeeeeeps,

Nancy (& Alyssa)
http://www.carrotwars.com