[Gpdd] Gpdd {Health) [E. Cuniculi]

warmbreath at comcast.net warmbreath at comcast.net
Sun Oct 4 14:06:57 EDT 2009

I think we need to change the subject of this thread  as we have been asked to not post more about e.c. right now, and your piggies problem isn't e.c. from what I've seen.  Baytril for 5 days seems short  If your piggie has other symptoms ot or off feed  idea, so you can get the right antibiotic with the right bacteria for a good cure. One reason vets tend not to do them on piggies is that so few antibiotics work for them they just go straight to baytril, but sometime Chloramphenicol is a better fit or a couple others work on specific bacteria so I think your plan is excellent, and back on baytril in the meantime is what I would do.
It's worrisome that symptoms are advancing, we dont want him to get pneumonia.  Read up on www.guinealynyx.info  they have the list of permissible meds. and see if you can weigh him daily. The sooner your vet trip the better, and take the list of antibiotics with you,  good luck
Sandy and Sammy