[Gpdd] HEALTH: Puff's weight

Glenda English gapeachge at yahoo.com
Tue Oct 6 15:01:33 EDT 2009

Hi Joan,

I ordered a good quality food scale from Target to weigh my piglets.  Wal Mart has some good ones too.  Mine was around $20 I think, and it's about the size of a computer mouse pad.  It stands about 2 inches high, and the area where you place the stuff to be weighed is the same size as the scale.  Since my piglets wouldn't stand still, I put a kitchen towel-lined plastic colander on the scale, zero it out according to the directions, then place the pig in the colander.  It works out really well and they didn't seem to mind.  They don't like being carried to the kitchen though, since that usually means bath, which they get about every other month.  Hope this helps.
Glenda and the girls (Cookie, Ruby, Tessa, Ginger and Dorie)