[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: Sweet Donald

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 7 13:55:05 EDT 2009

It sure is hard when we fight so hard on our little friends' behalf and then have to send them to their true home there on the Bridge. I can't let myself see this as a failure, but, rather, a passage. I hope you sense the relief of having done right by Donald every step of the way, even the faltering ones.
It's been one and a half weeks now without my Hershey, and I'm winding down after all the struggle and pain, feeling the dull ache of depression rather than the stabbing pain of loss. I think it's really important to do something nice for ourselves right now. I'm going to try. I hope you will, too.
Joanie