[Gpdd] RAINBOW BRIDGE: Sweet Donald

Julie Juwles Johnson juwles at bigpond.com
Sat Oct 10 08:54:52 EDT 2009

Dear Joanie

I thank you sincerely for your email of comfort & condolences.     I haven't been keeping up with the posts very well,  but tried to make a start, only to discover you have lost your little Hershey, who you were so sure was coming good.      Please accept my sincerest condolences - I know that you know how we are both feeling.

It's been a week since Donald's passing, and I've done pretty good all things considered.  However, I'm crook at the moment so spending a lot of time in bed, and Donald is always coming to mind, I keep going over those last moments, the sound of his squeak at the injection, and having him pass so quickly that I don't know if he knew I was with him.   On the day, I know that Donald knew something different was happening.   On the way to the vet I couldn't stop bawling, cuddling him, telling him we would be together one day, etc.  Normally he sits quietly in his bed, but he was all jittery, almost like he was excited.     Maybe he knew his suffering would soon be over and he'd be at last in paradise with no more worries.    I wish we could communicate/talk with our beloved piggies.

It has helped me - having 9 other piggies who love and need me.   They force me to get out of bed in the morning and to go on as if there was nothing different in my life.    But there is....... a huge , huge, huge hole, and my heart is torn asunder.

My remaining piggies are giving me so much love and attention - as if they know there's something different, something making mummy sad.    My Hugo leaps more than 1 foot to grab on to my shoulder when I go to get him for floor time.   He's a great acrobat - I should have called him Jumpin' Jack Flash!      Then, my Snowy is now starting to climb to my shoulder (he can't jump, he's too big and heavy),    Treacle comes out of his pigloo sitting on my right hand when I put my hand in his pigloo, and Sooty is doing the same now.    Kimba just "flops", he's like a rag doll.   He snuggles me and falls asleep beside me in bed when I need to lay down, he's the closest thing to a dog.     Joey has come to recognise me as his mummy, and gives me little kisses.    He was bought from a pet shop on 1 Oct 2008, and was very timid and subdued (he'd been picked on in the cage).   He was not at all affectionate, used to bite, etc.  But now he snuggles and cuddles like all my piggies do.

I thank God for my remaining boys and the joy they continue to bring me, and for giving meaning to my life.

I hope that each day gets a bit easier for you to handle Joanie & Gary.  "They" say that time cures all....... but I think time just masks our pain and suffering because we all have no choice but to keep on going forward with our lives - we don't forget, we just cope and get on - but our beloved piggies are always there in the background, watching over us, aren't they?

Thank you so much for caring and for your message,
Warm wishes

Julie & Kimba, Joey, Snowdrop, Sooty, Hugo, Honey, Hamish, Wheeky, Treacle,
remembering & desperately missing Donald, Brandy, Archie, Dougall, Teddy & Muppet