[Gpdd] Gpdd: [Rainbow Bridge] (Mercy)

Julie Juwles Johnson juwles at bigpond.com
Thu Oct 15 06:43:42 EDT 2009

Dear Ellen

My heart goes out to you.   I am so sorry to read of little Mercy's last hours - but they were very precious hours in his mind, I'm positive.    Piggies do love unconditionally, and deserve the best care a slave (human) can give.    And, geez, they return that care & love more than a million times over.      There's nothing nicer or more comforting than a loving piggy cuddle.

I'm so pleased you found him and were able to make his last days comforting and as comfortable as you could.

Thank you so much for what you did for that little guy - it means a great deal to all piggy slaves to know how much their masters are loved.

Tomorrow will be 2 weeks since I helped my Donald to the Rainbow Bridge, for pretty much the same thing as Mercy.   He had teeth problems and desperately wanted to eat, but after many vet visits we just couldn't fix whatever it was.    In the end, he stopped taking the syringe and I knew his time had come - and that my time had come to prove my love for him by helping him to the Bridge.

I am grateful that I had a caring vet who knew how much pain I was in having to do the "deed", so he whipped Donald away whilst he gave him the needle then rushed back so I could nurse Donald lovingly until he passed over the Bridge.   It was a very quick procedure, the vet said Donald passed much more quickly than normal, so he obviously was a very sick piggy.   (I must say that this vet never charged a thing for all his services over the 2 months of Donald's sickness - he did it all "pro bono".    I just supplied the bucchal pad separators and bone rongeurs, and the vet did the work.

I have been helped greatly by having 9 more piggies left to care and love for.   Goodness knows what I would have been like if I didn't have the diversion of my other piggies.

God Bless you Ellen and your remaining piggies,

Julie and her darling boys - Wheeky, Sooty, Snowdrop, Joey, Kimba, Treacle, Hugo, Honey & Hamish
{remembering my darlings - Donald, Brandy, Archie, Dougall, Teddy & Muppet, forever in my heart and soul - desperately & despairingly missed)