[Gpdd] [HEALTH]Sparkles and worming

Ann Evans ann.evans at hintlink.com
Tue Oct 20 13:32:43 EDT 2009

Dear Corrine,
I am sending you a personal email with the worming protocol attached.
The Valbazen is an over the counter sheep wormer. Ivermectin is and over
the counter cattle wormer. It does not matter if your vet uses regular
or the super ivermectin. Both of these products can be bought at a feed
supply store. The important thing is that your vet gives the ivermectin
to your cavy on day 1 and day 7.Ivermectin is a very potent wormer and
should be given by a vet.  Also the first time you worm your cavy she
will get 5 doses of Valbazen, Panacur is not available in the USA as far
as I know. It is very important that your vet give 10mg of the Valbazen.
Valbazen = Albendazole usually comes at a concentration of 11.36% =
113.6 mg/ml. So your vet is either going to have to dilute the Valbazen
to 2.5% or adjust the amount you give so that the dose is 10 mg.
Remember the dose is based on metabolic rate not body weight of the cavy.

Cheers,

Ann and the Rescued Piggys of Piggyville, Tampa Florida USA.