[Gpdd] HEALTH: Puff's being picky

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Thu Oct 22 21:41:29 EDT 2009

She turns her nose up at alfalfa hay. I get the feeling it's too coarse for her by the ginger way she handles it. She loves timothy hay and likes to play with wisps of orchard grass. She loves her alfalfa-based Oxbow pellets, thank goodness. Now she's all about romaine lettuce, turning her cute little nose up at my other offerings--parsely (two kinds), cilantro, and chard she accepts occasionally while looking offended. Now, mind you, these used to be good enough! And she will eat bits of baby carrot, red lettuce, and yellow squash. Why this sudden change? She's happy and very active, gaining weight, and eats quite a bit, so I'm not really worried, just curious.
Joanie