[Gpdd] [BEHAVIOUR] Update on Faith the lone piggie

rj1571 rj1571 at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Oct 28 15:34:02 EDT 2009

Hi to all

There seems to be a lot of sad news at the moment, so I thought now would be a good time to let everyone know some positive updates on Faith my lone female piggie.

I posted a couple of weeks ago asking for advice as my beautiful Hope had not made it through having her teeth filed and her sister Faith was very scared and lonely on her own. Thank you so much to everyone who posted advice and suggestions on ways I could make her life a little happier.

I tried a couple of suggestions, one being to get her a cuddlely stuffed toy that she could cuddle up to. She did not take to the first toy, but I did manage to find a bigger toy which is the same colour as her sister Hope was. I have found her sleeping next to the toy, with her head resting on its tummy and she seems a lot calmer now. Then this morning, when I went in to give her breakfast greens she cried out for her food for the first time since Hope past away. It may have been early but I had the biggest smile on my face as I had not heard this wonderful sound for what seemed like ages!

Shes still hiding away most of the time but I have managed to coax her out of the pigloo and into a log tunnel which is progress and she is happily getting into her travel box to go out in the garden for grass time. Its late autumn here in the UK so the weather is getting a bit wet and cool but I am trying to get her as much grass time as I can so she has a change of scenery.

I have spent a lot more time sitting talking to her in her hutch. Usually I end up presented with just a furry butt sticking out of the tunnel but I am perservering.

Anyway, thanks again to everyone for their advice and condolences, there really is no substitute to being able to get first hand advice from other piggie slaves.

Beki