[Gpdd] MISC Catching Up

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Tue Sep 1 17:11:56 EDT 2009

We have had trouble with our server here at Piggyfriends and I need to catch up.

Firstly. Thank you to Tiffany for sharing the lovely pigtures. Such sweet piggies.

Secondly.  Congratulations to Tumbleweed on your fifth Adoption Day. I am sure that you celebrated with loads of treats and cuddles. What a special day.

Joanie. We are all so pleased that Hershey seems to have recovered from her strange behaviour. They do like to keep us on our toes, don't they?

Congratulations to everyone that had their piggies featured in the Critters Magazine. I believe that the Winking Cavy online store has had that mag for sale in previous years. It is not there at the moment but maybe next year it will be available here in the UK. Well done everyone.

Last but not least, I am so very sorry to read about Julie's Donald's problems. I have been there, done that and still do not know why some piggies will not eat. I have the most wonderful Rodentologists but sometimes even they are mystified. They trim their teeth perfectly and there seems no reason why the piggy is still unable to eat for him/herself but it does happen. Piggies' teeth overgrow so very quickly and I am sure that there is some underlying cause why they will not eat. Before this cause can be identified and the piggy is being kept alive on syringe feeds, the teeth have overgrown again. It is a vicious circle and one that cannot always be broken.

When I see my Rodentologists again I will ask if they know Vanessa Gray. They have worked at and run the CCT so if Vanessa worked there they will know of her.

I do not know what else to suggest but send my very best wishes to you, Julie, and to Donald and will be thinking of you on September 2nd. The Daktarin gel will not harm Donald even if he does not need it.

Paws crossed.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.