[Gpdd] HEALTH: Hershey

GARY HESS joanhess4 at sbcglobal.net
Mon Sep 7 14:11:07 EDT 2009

Thanks so much, everyone, for such helpful advice regarding Hershey. Her droppings have become very small, light in color, and rounded with a normal consistency. I've put a call with a message in to her vet, as their office is closed for Labor Day. I'm considering discontinuing her antibiotics (any suggestions?) until I hear back from the vet. Meanwhile, I'll be syringing probiotics. How often, do you think?
She seems healthy in every way except she's not as excited about hay as she usually is. Her attitude is so much more lively. She's even started playing with her three bells that hang over her hay manger. It's SO cute! She grabs one by the rim or the chain that hangs it, backs up, and lets it go, watching and listening as the bells hit one another and make their music. Please keep her in your prayers and loving thoughts. I need to know what the right thing to do about the antibiotics until I can at least speak with her vet.
Joanie