[Gpdd] ANNOUNCEMENT - BG has died

Cazza177 cazza177 at ntlworld.com
Thu Sep 10 19:42:35 EDT 2009

Dear all

I am totally devastated to tell you that my darling golden boy BG passed
away on Wednesday evening.  He had been having problems since about the
middle of May with his lungs.  He was just over six and a half years old.
He is now back with his best pal and brother, Artie, who died at the end of
June.

For the last 4 weeks, he had been staying with some rodentologists, (who
were superb), for extra care and medical attention which I could not get
elsewhere.  Each week I would travel to see him (it was a 9-10 hour round
trip on the train).  I could not wait to see him, and was riddled with guilt
all the way home.  I will feel bad for the rest of my life at not taking
care of him myself in those last days.

I have owned lots of cats in my life and nursed nearly all of them to the
end, but losing BG and Artie has hurt in a way I never knew possible.  They
are buried next to each other in their back garden.

BG died on 9/9/09 at 9pm.  We buried him at dusk today.  As darkness fell
and we were nearly finished, six Canada geese flew over-head and church
bells began ringing from across the park.  He was a very special guinea pig.

Carole