[Gpdd] MISC- shy piggies

Ronald Zimmerman rzm.2 at verizon.net
Thu Sep 10 20:51:17 EDT 2009

  To the person who asked about shy piggies, sorry I missed your post. As
someone who fosters alot of piggies for our local Humane League, I am used
to having piggies that are skittish. I find talking to them before you come
in the room helps so they are not so surprised. Also, don't chase them
around the cage trying to catch them. Talk softly to them & try petting them
for a minute before scooping them up & hold them securely against you so
they feel safe. It can take alot of time with some piggies. My first piggie
Albert took a *long* time to come around, but eventually we were
inseperable. Food helps alot too!

~Jaime & Mimi~
~Missing Albert, Molly, Radar & Daisy~
http://s652.photobucket.com/albums/uu246/chirpy123/