[Gpdd] MISC Condolences for BG

Penny Charlesworth piggyfriends at tesco.net
Fri Sep 11 09:04:26 EDT 2009

Carole,

I am so very sorry that BG has left for the Rainbow Bridge.

I had just read your Digest post this morning, when Chris phoned me to tell me the sad news. She read me your text message and broke down in tears when she reached the part about BG's burial. All of the patients are, as you know, treated as their own piggies.

I saw BG twice only last week, once when I took Bramley over there to have a benign cyst removed and again when I collected him two days later.

Both times I went and had a chat and a cuddle with BG, the last time telling him that I would see him soon, when I returned to collect my shampoo order.

He looked so contented snuggled in his hay nibbling on his veggies.

I know that you wanted to nurse him at home but I am sure that in your heart you know that he was better off at the Rodentologists, where he had instant access to any meds that he may have needed. Imagine how dreadful it would have been if he had taken a sudden turn for the worse when you live so far away from help.

Nothing that any of us can say will ease the pain of losing such a wonderful companion but his last few weeks at the rodentologists were filled with love and cuddles and I am sure that he will have enjoyed your visits, when he was able to sit in the garden with you.

Both Artie and BG lived to be venerable old gentlemen, something that we would all wish for our little friends.

I hope that circumstances might allow you to have piggies in your life at some time in the future but, in the meantime, please accept my most sincere condolences.

R.I.P. BG. Reunited with best friend Artie, always loved and remembered.

With out utmost sympathy.

Take care.

Penny and the Piggyfriends.